Tami has worked as a psychologist since 1992, variously in Alcohol and Drug Services in NSW and the ACT, in ACT Community Mental Health, and in the ACT Women’s Health Service.
In 1999 Tami joined the team at Professional Psychology Services in Canberra, and since 2017 has been in her own practice. For appointments in the Canberra region phone 0431 377 659.
Early in her work Tami developed a passion for working with adults who have come from difficult family backgrounds, and those who have experienced traumatic events in their lives. She finds that discovering pathways to mediate the long term impact of early trauma to the sense of self is a challenging and rewarding adventure for the client and therapist alike.
As an APS Clinical College and AHPRA approved supervisor, Tami has a particular interest in supervision, with a focus on the psychodynamic and affective events in therapeutic work.
While she originally trained in cognitive behavioural methodology at the ANU, Tami has since trained in various approaches to trauma including EMDR. Her particular interest is in better understanding the nature of the self and the various injuries and distortions we experience as human beings growing up or living in a less than optimal environment. She has been privileged to participate in regular study of Self Psychology and supervision with highly experienced peers practicing psychodynamic psychotherapy.
- Bachelor of Arts with Honours in Psychology (Australian National University)
- Masters degree in Clinical Psychology (Australian National University)
Registrations and Endorsement:
- Full Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) registration and Clinical Endorsement
- Registered Medicare Provider as a Clinical Psychologist
- Member of the Australian Psychological Society, Clinical College
- Board Approved Supervisor for the Clinical College of the Australian Psychological Society
- AHPRA Certified Supervisor
Sessions may be eligible for rebates by your private health cover, and by Medicare with a Mental Health Care Plan.
Please feel free to contact Tami if you wish to discuss your referral on